Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Terrible Two's

I really hate when people complain about their children. I don't think that they realize how blessed they truly are. When people say that their child is driving them crazy, I just think I wish Isabella was here and could be driving me crazy. Dominic has just turned two, and I always here people say--Oh no the terrible two's! I think that I absolutely LOVE this age and I will love every age and stage that he goes through. Dominic has had trouble sleeping, I think he is starting to get scared. Last night he said , "Mommy--scared, sit down." He wanted me to sleep next to his crib because he was scared of the dark. I picked him up and started rocking him and I began to cry. I just thought I will never be able to do this with/for Isabella. It is so hard to not wonder how life would be different if she was here. I know how hard it is to be a parent, and I know how tough it is to go without sleeping. I know how hard it is to have a sick child. It is very tough being a parent and I know how difficult it is to have a sick child. I know how hard it is to have 2 sick children and that was very hard to deal with. But I also know how hard it is to lose a child and that is the hardest thing in the world. It just breaks your heart.

I rocked Dominic and put him to bed--with the door cracked open so he could have some light and he said, Mommy, I love you. And I said, " I love you too Dominic."

No comments:

Post a Comment